Randolph Central Families, Your 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students participated in the ILEARN assessments earlier this spring. Since ILEARN is a new test, the final results...
Randolph Central School Corporation is offering a summer lunch program. Lunch will be served in the WCHS/DMS Commons from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on weekdays from June 3...
Public Notice Randolph Central School Corporation is shifting morning bus routes. The shift in morning bus routes is being done to create time for extended professional...
Deerfield 2019-2020 Textbook Rental Rates
1st Grade: $174.65
2nd Grade: $166.57
3rd Grade: $165.37
4th Grade: $169.22
5th Grade: $172.11
Instructions, FAQs, and the APPLICATION FOR FREE AND REDUCED PRICE MEALS are on the Randolph Central website. You can also pick it up at registration or at Central Office.
It's almost time to register your child for school! Registration dates and times are listed below. Also, if you will be registering a child to attend kindergarten, please call our school office to set up an appointment with our kindergarten teacher. She will complete some screening assessments with your child while you complete paperwork. This process helps us become a little more familiar with your child's needs prior to the first day of school. Also, if you are registering a 3rd grade student, bring your child's social security number to be prepared to sign up for Randolph County Promise.
Registration at Deerfield Elementary:
Thursday, July 18, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Monday, July 22, 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Randolph Central Families,
Your 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students participated in the ILEARN assessments earlier this spring. Since ILEARN is a new test, the final results with proficiency levels and scale scores will not be available for schools until August 15. In accordance with Indiana Code 20-32-5.1-12(d), parents and schools have an opportunity to request a rescore for any open-ended item(s) to which students responded on the ILEARN assessment.
Important Information about the ILEARN Rescore Request Process:
• The ILEARN Rescore Request window will be open in mid-July (July 15 – 31). Requests submitted outside of this window will not be processed.
• Parents or guardians who wish to view students’ response images and scoring rubrics must visit the school in which their child is officially enrolled. There will not be a separate online portal for parents to access this information.
• Together, we will be able to view an image of your student’s response to each open-ended item, sample student responses for each score point, and the scoring rubric to help decide whether to request a rescore for that item.
• I will submit any rescore request(s) on your behalf in the online platform.
• It is extremely important to understand that requesting a rescore CAN result in your child’s score being lowered, meaning we could unintentionally move your child from a passing score to a failing score through this process.
• Once a rescore request is submitted, the request and/or score change cannot be reversed.
• A rescore request can only be requested one time for an item. Multiple requests to rescore the same item for a student are not permissible.
• All items, responses, and scoring rubrics are secure materials and must not be discussed, shared, distributed, or duplicated.
• Final results released on August 15 will reflect any properly submitted requested rescores.
Parents or guardians who choose to request a rescore for their child’s ILEARN assessment, must contact our school office to do so no later than July 31, 2019. I will be able to help you view your child’s response images and scoring rubrics and request a rescore for each item. You’re also welcome to contact me with any questions you have regarding requesting a rescore for an ILEARN assessment.
Laura Miller, Principal
There will be informational meetings about Chromebooks and other technology related topics for elementary parents at each elementary school in the coming weeks as follows.
Monday, July 15, 6:30 p.m.
in the Willard Cafeteria
Tuesday, July 16, 6:30 p.m.
in the Deerfield Gymnasium
Thursday, July 18, 6:30 p.m.
in the Baker Cafeteria
All elementary parents are invited to attend. These are not building-specific meetings. If you have a conflict for dates/times, you may attend any of the meetings at any of the three buildings. This meeting is not intended for students nor will families be receiving Chromebooks at this meeting. However, we will be discussing 1:1 and Chromebook topics at the elementary level that include: technology in the classroom, safe use of technology at school and home, student responsibility of devices, and purchasing device insurance. Thank you for helping us spread the word about these meetings. Parents with questions may contact our school offices by phone when our offices reopen on Monday, July 15.